In the framework of the preparation of the Management Plans, geospatial data sets are produced. The data are related to the determination of River Basin Districts, River Basins, and underground and surface Water Bodies.
The Special Secretariat for Water offers geospatial datasets through a special geoportal developed for this purpose.
Specifically the Geoportal includes:
- The boundaries of the River Basin Districts (RBD) across the country
- The boundaries of River Basins (RB) across the country
- The boundaries and characterization of Ground Water Bodies (GWB) per River Basin District
- The boundaries and characterization of Surface Water Bodies (SWB) per River Basin District, which are distinguished in:
- River Water Bodies (RWB)
- Lake Water Bodies (LWB)
- Transitional Water Bodies (TWB)
- Coastal Water Bodies (CWB)
Additionally, the geoportal has included data sets regarding:
- Protected drinking water areas (areas intended for the abstraction of water for human consumption pursuant to Article 7 of the Directive)
- Vulnerable areas in nitrate pollution (Directive 91/676 /EEC)
The data is provided through View, Download and Discovery services. The services have been developed using OGC open standards, and in particular WMS, WFS, CSW respectively.